Interview Questions on AutoCAD
1. What is AutoCAD?
· AutoCAD is a Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Drafting software application. Developed and marketed by Autodesk.
· AutoCAD was first released in December 1982 as a desktop app running on microcomputers with internal graphic controllers.
2. What are the fields where you see maximum use of AutoCAD?
· Real-world applications of AutoCAD include architecture, sculpting, house design, electrical engineering, interior design, civil engineering, industrial plants, mechanical engineering, art, and set design.
3. What are the file formats used in AutoCAD?
· Drawing File (.dwg)
· Template File (.dwt)
· Standard File (.dws)
· Exchange Format (.dxf)
4. How many types of Co-ordinate system commonly used in AutoCAD?
· Absolute (x,y)
· Relative (@x,y)
· Polar (@D<A)
5. What is the paper size of A0, A1, A2, A3 and A4 according to ISO?
· A0 = 841×1189
· A1 = 594×841
· A2 = 420×594
· A3 = 297×420
· A4 = 297×210
(all units are used in mm)
6. What are the uses of Function Key in AutoCAD?
· F1 = Help
· F2 = Expanded history
· F3 = Object snap
· F4 = 3D object snap
· F5 = Isoplane
· F6 = Dynamic UCS (AutoCAD only)
· F7 = Grid Display
· F8 = Ortho
· F9 = Grid snap
· F10 = Polar tracking
· F11 = Object snap tracking
· F12 = Dynamic input
7. Which Command having two shortcuts in AutoCAD?
· Copy Command (CO & CP)
8. What are Grips?
· Grips are small boxes that appear on the objects you select. You can move or edit an object by dragging a Grip.
9. What do you understand by Hatch Patterns?
· A pattern of lines, dots, and other shapes that fill in a closed area is called Hatch Patterns.
10. What is the difference between Drawing, Design and Drafting?
· Drawing – The art or technique of representing an object or outlining a figure, plan, or sketch by means of lines.
· Design – Presentation of views (2D & 3D) without any dimensions.
· Drafting – 2D presentation of 3D object with proper dimensions and GD&T symbols.
11. What is Tolerance in Engineering?
· In Engineering, Tolerance is the permissible limits of variation in physical measurement.
12. What is the Shortcut command to change UNIT in AutoCAD?
13. Which type of line having infinity length?
· Construction Line
14. What is the Difference between Mirror and Copy Command?
· Copy = Same Image
· Mirror = Opposite Image