Interview Questions on AutoCAD
1. What is AutoCAD?
· AutoCAD is a Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Drafting software application. Developed and marketed by Autodesk.
· AutoCAD was first released in December 1982 as a desktop app running on microcomputers with internal graphic controllers.
· Real-world applications of AutoCAD include architecture, sculpting, house design, electrical engineering, interior design, civil engineering, industrial plants, mechanical engineering, art, and set design.
· Drawing File (.dwg)
· Template File (.dwt)
· Standard File (.dws)
· Exchange Format (.dxf)
4. How many types of Co-ordinate system commonly used in AutoCAD?
· Absolute (x,y)
· Relative (@x,y)
· Polar (@D<A)
5. What is the paper size of A0, A1, A2, A3 and A4 according to ISO?
· A0 = 841×1189
· A1 = 594×841
· A2 = 420×594
· A3 = 297×420
· A4 = 297×210
(all units are used in mm)
6. What are the uses of Function Key in AutoCAD?
· F1 = Help
· F2 = Expanded history
· F3 = Object snap
· F4 = 3D object snap
· F5 = Isoplane
· F6 = Dynamic UCS (AutoCAD only)
· F7 = Grid Display
· F8 = Ortho
· F9 = Grid snap
· F10 = Polar tracking
· F11 = Object snap tracking
· F12 = Dynamic input
7. Which Command having two shortcuts in AutoCAD?
· Copy Command (CO & CP)
· Grips are small boxes that appear on the objects you select. You can move or edit an object by dragging a Grip.
9. What do you understand by Hatch Patterns?
· A pattern of lines, dots, and other shapes that fill in a closed area is called Hatch Patterns.
10. What is the difference between Drawing, Design and Drafting?
· Drawing – The art or technique of representing an object or outlining a figure, plan, or sketch by means of lines.
· Design – Presentation of views (2D & 3D) without any dimensions.
· Drafting – 2D presentation of 3D object with proper dimensions and GD&T symbols.
11. What is Tolerance in Engineering?
· In Engineering, Tolerance is the permissible limits of variation in physical measurement.
12. What is the Shortcut command to change UNIT in AutoCAD?
13. Which type of line having infinity length?
· Construction Line
14. What is the Difference between Mirror and Copy Command?
· Copy = Same Image
· Mirror = Opposite Image